We're sorry, but this trial is no longer enrolling volunteers.
A MULTI-CENTER, PROSPECTIVE, RANDOMIZED STUDY WITHPRIMATRIX DERMAL REPAIR SCAFFOLD MOIST WOUND THERAPYAND STANDARD OF CARE MOIST WOUND THERAPY FOR THETREATMENT OF CHRONIC DIABETIC FOOT ULCERS
This study will be a multi-center, prospective, randomized single-blinded study evaluating
the efficacy of PriMatrix MWT versus Standard of Care MWT in achieving complete wound
closure of chronic diabetic foot ulcers by 12 weeks (84 days). To measure wound recidivism
and changes in functional quality of life, each subject will complete the Cardiff Wound
Impact Schedule and the SF-36v2™ at three time points during the study i) at initial
screening, ii) at completion of treatment phase, and iii)at 24 weeks (post-randomization).
Additionally, the data obtained from the SF-36v2™ will be used in an economic evaluation of
the treatment arms.
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Type I or Type II diabetes
- A diabetic foot ulcer located on the foot or ankle at least one square centimeter
- Suspected or confirmed signs/symptoms of wound infection
- Hypersensitivity to bovine collagen
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, 90033
- Kansas City Vascular, North Kansas City, Missouri, 64116
- St. Anthony's Medical Center, St. Louis, Missouri, 63128
- University of Tennessee, Memphis, Tennessee, 38103
- Essential Institute of Rural Health, Duluth, Minnesota, 55805
- Foot & Andle Center of Mooresville, Mooresville, Indiana, 46158
- American Health Network, Carmel, Indiana, 46032