An Open-Label, Phase 2 Basket Study of Neratinib in Patients With Solid Tumors With Somatic Activating HER Mutations
Brief SummaryThis is an open-label, multicenter, multinational, Phase 2 basket study exploring the efficacy and safety of neratinib as monotherapy or in combination with other therapies in participants with HER (EGFR, HER2) mutation-positive solid tumors.
Detailed DescriptionThis is an open-label, multicenter, multinational, Phase 2 basket study exploring the efficacy and safety of neratinib as monotherapy or in combination with other therapies in participants with HER (EGFR, HER2) mutation-positive solid tumors. The study has a basket design and includes several cohorts, either defined by an actionable somatic mutation or by actionable mutation and tumor histology, including HER2 mutant breast, HER2 mutant cervical, HER2 mutant salivary gland, and EGFR Exon 18 mutant Non-small cell lung cancers. The trial will consist of a screening period, a treatment period, and an end of treatment visit occurring when neratinib is discontinued for any reason, a safety follow-up visit occurring 28 days after the last dose of neratinib and a survival follow-up period.
PhasePhase 2 - takes the treatment one step further, assessing the activity of a particular therapy in a disease, often building upon leads from the Phase I trial. While patients are generally required to be previously untreated, participation in a Phase II trial doesn't usually preclude the patient from getting the standard treatment after they've received the investigational agent. At best they are allowed to get a new drug they wouldn't be able to get otherwise that may turn out to be better for their disease.
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Provide written informed consent
- Histologically confirmed cancers for which no curative therapy exists
- Documented HER2 or EGFR exon 18 mutation
- Participants must agree and commit to use appropriate methods of contraception as outlined in the protocol
- At least one measurable lesion, defined by RECIST v1.1
- Participants harboring ineligible somatic HER2 mutations
- Prior treatment with any HER2-directed tyrosine kinase inhibitor (e.g., lapatinib, afatinib, dacomitinib, neratinib) is excluded with the following exception: patients with EGFR exon 18 mutated NSCLC who may have received afatinib, osimertinib, or other pan HER or EGFR TKIs remain eligible
- Participants who are receiving any other anticancer agents
- Symptomatic or unstable brain metastases
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding There are additional inclusion and exclusion criteria. The study center will determine if criteria for participation are met.
- UCLA, Los Angeles, California, 90095
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, 77030
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, 63110
- Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, Nashville, Tennessee, 37232
- Oncologia Medica-Istituti Ospitalieri di Cremona, Cremona, 90095