A Phase 3 Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Aducanumab (BIIB037) in Subjects With Early Alzheimer's Disease
PhasePhase 3 - a treatment has shown activity against a particular disease, where it is either added to existing treatment or compared to the standard treatment.
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Must meet all of the following clinical criteria for MCI due to AD or mild AD and must have:
- A Clinical Dementia Rating (CDR)-Global Score of 0.5.
- Objective evidence of cognitive impairment at screening
- An MMSE score between 24 and 30 (inclusive)
- Must have a positive amyloid Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scan
- Must consent to apolipoprotein E (ApoE) genotyping
- If using drugs to treat symptoms related to AD, doses must be stable for at least 8 weeks prior to screening visit 1
- Must have a reliable informant or caregiver Key
- Any medical or neurological condition (other than Alzheimer's Disease) that might be a contributing cause of the subject's cognitive impairment
- Have had a stroke or Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA) or unexplained loss of consciousness in the past 1 year
- Clinically significant unstable psychiatric illness in past 6 months
- History of unstable angina, myocardial infarction, advanced chronic heart failure, or clinically significant conduction abnormalities within 1 year prior to Screening
- Indication of impaired renal or liver function
- Have human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Have a significant systematic illness or infection in past 30 days
- Relevant brain hemorrhage, bleeding disorder and cerebrovascular abnormalities
- Any contraindications to brain magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or PET scans
- Alcohol or substance abuse in past 1 year
- Taking blood thinners (except for aspirin at a prophylactic dose or less) NOTE: Other protocol defined Inclusion/Exclusion criteria may apply
Please contact the trial administrator to learn more about where you can participate in this trial. Please use the contact form on the right side.