Phase 2 Study of ZW25 Plus First-line Combination Chemotherapy in HER2-Expressing Gastroesophageal Adenocarcinoma (GEA)
Brief SummaryThis is a multicenter, global, Phase 2, open-label, 2-part, first-line study to investigate the safety, tolerability, and anti-tumor activity of ZW25 (zanidatamab) plus physician's choice of combination chemotherapy in HER2-expressing gastroesophageal adenocarcinoma (GEA). Eligible patients include those with unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent or metastatic HER2-expressing GEA.
Detailed DescriptionPart 1 of the study will first evaluate the safety and tolerability of ZW25 plus physician's choice of first-line combination chemotherapy (FP, mFOLFOX6, or XELOX) and will confirm the recommended dosage (RD) of ZW25 when administered in combination with each of these multi-agent chemotherapy regimens. Then, Part 2 of the study will evaluate the anti-tumor activity of ZW25 plus physician's choice of combination chemotherapy in HER2-high GEA.
Inclusion and Exclusion Criteria
- Disease diagnosis:
- Part 1: Unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent or metastatic HER2-expressing GEA (IHC 3+ or 2+ with or without gene amplification based upon local assessment or central assessment)
- Part 2: Unresectable, locally advanced, recurrent or metastatic HER2-high GEA (IHC 3+, or IHC 2+ and FISH+ by central review)
- Tumor measurements as per Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumors (RECIST) version 1.1:
- Part 1: Measurable or non-measurable disease
- Part 2: Measurable disease
- An Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status score of 0 or 1
- Adequate organ function
- Adequate cardiac left ventricular function, as defined by a LVEF >/= institutional standard of normal
- Prior treatment with a HER2-targeted agent
- Treatment for GEA with prior anti-cancer therapy (including investigational products) except prior adjuvant/neoadjuvant therapy, which must be completed at least 6 months prior to first study treatment dosing. Palliative radiotherapy is allowed if completed at least 2 weeks prior to first study treatment dosing.
- Untreated known brain metastases (patients with treated brain metastases who are off steroids, off anti-seizure medications, and stable for at least 1 month at the time of screening are eligible)
- Having clinically significant cardiac disease or known myocardial infarction or unstable angina (within 6 months before first study treatment dosing)
- QTc Fridericia (QTcF) > 470 ms for females and > 450 ms for males
- Peripheral neuropathy > Grade 1 per NCI-CTCAE v5.0
- Clinically significant interstitial lung disease
- Prior or concurrent malignancy whose natural history or treatment has the potential to interfere with the safety or efficacy assessment of the investigational regimen.
- Active hepatitis B or hepatitis C infection or other known chronic liver disease or infection with Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)-1 or HIV-2 (Exception: patients with well controlled HIV [e.g., CD4 > 350/mm3 and undetectable viral load] are eligible.)
Please contact the trial administrator to learn more about where you can participate in this trial. Please use the contact form on the right side.